MSD HVC-II COIL, 7 SERIES IGNITIONS
The HVC II Coil is completely built in-house so our engineers have exclusive control over their performance and quality. The Coil utilizes an iron U-Core design with a segmented bobbin for improved voltage distribution. The bobbin is molded from Dupont Rynite FR946 material which has incredible dielectric capabilities at high temperatures. MSD also incorporated a cutting edge winding material that has an improved insulation and is also capable of enduring extreme voltages. Together, these materials create a durable coil with incredible voltage capabilities, lightning quick rise time and lengthy spark duration.
The housing, also molded from Rynite material, features far spaced brass primary terminals and a well protected secondary tower for increased spark isolation. The housing is completely potted with an epoxy compound for vibration resistance and installs with sturdy vibration mounts. For use with MSD 7 and 8 Series Ignitions.
- Designed for racing applications with an MSD 7 or 8 Series Ignition Control
- New U-core winding design produces more voltage and current
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Windings are encased in fracture resistant compound for vibration resistance
- Dupont Rynite housing with isolated tower and brass primary terminals
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts